Pages

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Destiny's Path


Destiny's Path
by Frewin Jones
Warrior Princess, book two

Her destiny must be fulfilled...
Branwen refuses to take orders from anyone - even the Shining Ones, the ancient gods whose power is feared throughout the land. They want her as their Chosen one, destined to save her country from the Saxons. But Branwen doubts she's truly ready to be a leader.

Then a messenger from the skies shows her a vision of a bleak and violent future - a future in which Branwen has abandoned her destiny, and those most dear to her suffer unspeakable horrors. There's a blurry line between good and evil, and those Branwen trusts the most are capable of the greatest betrayal. The Shining Ones have spoken. Will Branwen answer their call?
(Description taken from Amazon.com)

It had been awhile since I read the first book, Destiny's Princess, and I was concerned I would be lost right away. I wasn't. Though there were a few details I had to scour my memory for, Jones did a great job bringing readers subtly up to speed while moving the plot immediately forward.

I really loved how Branwen became more and more confident in her own decisions during her travels and battles. She had doubts, but if she didn't, she wouldn't be human. That the gods were constantly pushing her did not truly sway her to action, it was the suffering of her fellow countrymen. It really humanized the fantasy.

I love the medieval setting of this series and have always been interested in the history of the British Isles since my family originates there, so the historical picture built for readers is really great for me personally.

I am excited to read book three!

No comments:

Post a Comment