Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Ghost Town


Ghost Town
by Rachel Caine
Morganville Vampires, book nine

While developing a new system to maintain Morganville's defenses, student Claire Danvers discovers a way to amplify vampire mental powers. Through this, she's able to re-establish the field around this vampire-infested Texas college town that protects it from outsiders.

But the new upgrades have an unexpected consequence: people inside the town begin to slowly forget who they are-even the vampires. Soon, the town's little memory problem has turned into a full-on epidemic. Now Claire needs to figure out a way to pull the plug on her experiment- before she forgets how to save Morganville...
(description taken from Amazon.com)

This is a series that I devour. Every time a new book is coming out, I am practically foaming at the mouth to get my hands on it! The best part...every book in the series just seems to get better.

I cannot figure out how Rachel Caine does it. This is one of the best vampire series out there. Period. Claire is one of my favorite heroines ever. She's smart, she's resourceful, she's cute, and she's just...Claire.

For example (as a fellow "smart girl" and a secret zombie lover, I LOVE this quote):
"Well, there are good points about zombie movies. There're usually smart girls in them, for some reason. And the smart girls hardly ever get killed."

Awesome.

Anyway, I could not put Ghost Town down. There were points when I literally considered whether some of the main characters might have to die. I cannot believe how Rachel Caine managed to pull Claire and her friends out of their new(est) dangerous situation. Talk about the suspense...this book is overflowing with it!

If you already read this series, pick Ghost Town up ASAP. If you haven't tried the Morganville Vampires yet, what on Earth are you waiting for? You won't be sorry!

1 comment:

  1. I agree, it's one of my fave vampire series too. I can't wait to read this one!

    ReplyDelete