Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Burlesque - Movie Review


Burlesque
starring Cher and Christina Aguilera
I saw Burleque the night before last on DVD and loved it. It's one of those movies that made me want to get up and dance. It also made me want to admit out loud that yes, though I am at least not tone deaf, no, I really can't sing. Man, both Cher and Christina Aguilera were PHENOMENAL. Those ladies both have "awesome sets of pipes," as my husband likes to say.
I loved the supporting cast, as well. This was Stanley Tucci in my favorite type of role for him! Very similar to the part he played in "The Devil Wears Prada." Also, Kristen Bell was one of the dancers...a real Biatch...and I loved it. I have adored Kristen Bell since "Veronica Mars" hit the air. Eric Dane from "Grey's Anatomy" a.k.a. McSteamy fame played a major role and Alan Cummings from "Center Stage" even had a small role. OH. Did I mention my new favorite guy crush? Not yet? Well...
This is Cam Gigandet. It's so funny, I didn't even remember seeing him before until I looked him up and realized he was in "Twilight." Duh. Now I can totally connect it. He shines, and uh...is totally droolworthy...in this role. I believe I'll be checking out whatever movies he's in during the next few years. Yeah.
Anyway, *Wipes drool off face, embarassed* for a really great singing, dancing, romantic, dramatic movie, check out "Burlesque!"

1 comment:

  1. I was excited to view the makeup and vintage costuming concepts. I was skeptical at first of the movie, however, Christina's vocal performance, however won me over. It inspired me to watch other movies. I received an email from where I work at DISH Network. To celebrate Independence Day, DISH Cinema is offering 5 hit movies for only 99¢ cents! The list includes Sucker Punch, Tru Grit, and Just Go With It. Order by remote, customer service,or online through July 7th. http://bit.ly/ivUveB Sounds like lemonade, popcorn, movies, and air conditioning for the day!

    ReplyDelete