Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Iron Daughter


Iron Daughter
by Julie Kagawa
Iron Fey series, book two

Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey—ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.

Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart. (description from Amazon.com)

I am so Team Puck, I'm starting to think it officially hurts. *sigh* So, without getting too spoilery, as much as this book was really good, the first half definitely put me off a little. Meghan was definitely guilty to an extent of Bella-syndrome. She whined, she pined, and I was left a little disappointed.

HOWEVER, the second half of the book officially rocked and I am now pining for book three, The Iron Queen. I think that maybe the lack of Iron Fey in the beginning of this one was one of the things I was missing. As soon as they appeared, my reading mood totally changed....and from the way that this book ended...I cannot wait to see how they are tied to Meghan in the next book.

With (mostly Bella-syndrome free) romance, danger, magic, betrayal, and sacrifice, Kagawa easily pulls readers in. Well worth reading, but you must start with The Iron King.

No comments:

Post a Comment