Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

Bite Club


Bite Club
by Rachel Caine
Morganville Vampires, book ten

After discovering that vampires populate her town, college student Claire Danvers knows that the undead just want to live their lives. But someone else wants them to get ready to rumble.

There's a new extreme sport getting picked up on the Internet: bare- knuckle fights pitting captured vampires against each other-or humans. Tracking the remote signal leads Claire- accompanied by her friends and frenemies-to discover that what started as an online brawl will soon threaten everyone in Morganville... (description from Amazon.com)

I love this series. They are fun, funny, and Claire is one of my all time favorite heroines. She is smart and brave, more brave than a LOT of other characters could ever conceive to be...

Since this is book ten, I don't want to get into a lot of plot stuff. It would be too spoilery. What I will say is that sections of this book are from Shane's point of view. Normally, I'm not a huge fan of books that jump from one character to another...I tend to like one narrator throughout, however, I really liked getting to see inside Shane's head.

Seeing what Shane thought brought a whole new dimension to his relationship with Claire. One of the things I like best about this series is Claire and Shane's relationship. It is romantic and feels meant to be, but it's not unrealistically all sunshine and rainbows. This book truly tested their relationship and what comes out on the other end is truer by far than many other fictional relationships.

If you aren't reading this series, I would recommend you give the first book, Glass Houses a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment