Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Kiss of Death


Kiss of Death
by Lauren Henderson
Scarlett Wakefield, book four

Scarlett thought Dan McAndrew's murder was long behind her, but when she and her classmates arrive in Edinburgh for a weeklong field trip, she's startled to be joined by her old St. Tabby's cohorts--and enemies--who are visiting the area on a field trip as well. Even more startling, Callum, Dan's surviving twin, is in the area--and his cold treatment leaves Scarlett wondering what's changed, especially when a series of attacks makes her believe that someone's out to get her for her past mistakes. Would Callum ever hurt her, though? And what's Scarlett to make of her conflicting feelings for Callum, now that Jase isn't around? Even more upsetting, why is her most trusted confidante, Taylor, acting distant and dismissive? (description from Amazon.com)

Though I love the premise of this series and this book wrapped things up nicely, there were moments that it dragged for me. It was a little longer than it could have been in the middle sections, when really the ending could have been fleshed out just a little more. All that aside, though it wasn't my favorite book in the series, it was still very good.

I love the way that Scarlett comes to really appreciate her friendship with Taylor as she compares it to all the other friendships in her life and surrounding her. I loved that her romantic life really and truly works out and that she finds out that her Grandmother really cares for her. I love the excitement in this series - really, you just can't beat a great attempted murder scene! I love the settings in this series and Edinborough was particularly "beautiful" in this book.

Though I am in a way glad to see Scarlett's story come to an end, I will definitely be checking out Lauren Henderson's future books to see if I can capture that feeling of excitement that she so effortlessly achieves again!

No comments:

Post a Comment