Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Short Story Mini-Reviews



Independent and strong-willed Della Tsang did not believe in ghosts, until she sees her dead cousin in a dark alley. She did not believe in vampires, until she turns into one. Should she follow her vampire cousin’s lead and walk away from everything she knows, or join Shadow Falls, a camp for special teens. (description from Amazon.com)

Intriguing. I really liked Della's personality and the combination of all different types of supernatural beings that know about one another. I love the premise, though the author's writing style jars me a little. I am definitely interested in going to read the first book in the Shadow Falls series now.



Meet Jessie Gillmansen as she realizes that things might not be what they seem in the town of Junction. (description from author's website)

This one didn't thrill me at all. I don't know if it's because it was so short or if it just didn't really hint at what the series is really about...I don't think I'll follow up with this one. Too many other things I'm dying to read!



I am Gwen Frost, and I have a Gypsy gift. It’s called psychometry – that's a fancy way of saying that I see images in my head and get flashes of other people’s memories off almost everything I touch, even guys. (description from Amazon.com)

Very well done. I loved the way that Gwen discovers her friend's secret and how it affects her own personal life so strongly. I'm absolutely going to go get the first official book in the Mythos Academy series because I can't wait to see who she ends up going to school with!!

No comments:

Post a Comment