Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Die For Me


Die for Me
by Amy Plum
The Revenants, book one

When Kate Mercier's parents die in a tragic car accident, she leaves her life--and memories--behind to live with her grandparents in Paris. For Kate, the only way to survive her pain is escaping into the world of books and Parisian art. Until she meets Vincent.Mysterious, charming, and devastatingly handsome, Vincent threatens to melt the ice around Kate's guarded heart with just his smile.

As she begins to fall in love with Vincent, Kate discovers that he's a revenant--an undead being whose fate forces him to sacrifice himself over and over again to save the lives of others. Vincent and those like him are bound in a centuries-old war against a group of evil revenants who exist only to murder and betray. Kate soon realizes that if she follows her heart, she may never be safe again. (description from Amazon.com)

I wanted so much to like this book. It got great buzz everywhere and come on, that cover! I think realistically the cover is half the reason, or maybe more than half, that I picked up the book...pretty!

Unfortunately, nothing about this book hooked me. Now don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad. Not by any means...but it didn't thrill me, either. I don't know if I'm just so burnt out on paranormal romance at this point that anything I read would get this reaction, or if I really just could not connect with Kate and Vincent.

The idea of the revenants was novel. The Parisian setting was lovely. This was not, however, the book for me. *sigh*

2011 Debut Author Challenge title
2011 Zombie Reading Challenge title

No comments:

Post a Comment