Pages

Monday, December 26, 2011

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer


The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
by Michelle Hodkin

Mara Dyer doesn't believe life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there. It can.

She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her strangely unharmed. There is.

She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love. She's wrong. (description from Amazon.com)

Everything you've heard about this book - it's true.

I can't tell you what it's about without giving things away. What I can tell you is that I could not put it down. I stayed up too late reading it. I snuck chapters at work. I dreamed about this book.

All I can say is read it. It will haunt you.

2011 Debut Author Challenge title

1 comment:

  1. The questions she raises, if addressed, were done so in a fashion that struck me as cursory and somewhat forced. The ending left me sort of confused and wanting answers that were not coming. Frustrating. My recommendation would be to wait for the second book and then read both back-to-back. Hopefully, that will lead to a more satisfactory experience

    ReplyDelete