Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pajama Storytime: Wolf Moon

So, I've decided to try something new. Some of you may know that aside from just being a blogger, I'm  also a Librarian.  Just before the new year, I started a new job as a Youth Services Librarian, which means that aside from just doing teen services, I'm also doing two weekly storytimes (for ages 3-5) and a monthly pajama storytime. 

Since I've started doing these storytimes, I've found it immensely helpful to read the "set-up" from other storytimes on other blogs to get ideas...so I want to "pay it forward." I'm going to try to put up as many storytimes as I can so that maybe someone else will get ideas for their storytimes!

Let me know if you have any format suggestions, etc!!

This was the Pajama Storytime I did in January. 

Theme: Wolf Moon
(The Wolf Moon is the name given by Native Americans to a full moon that occurs in January.)

Opening Song: If You're a Wolf and You Know It
If you're a wolf and you know it, howl at the moon...
If you're a wolf and you know it, growl at the night...
If you're a wolf and you know it, scratch your fleas...
If you're a wolf and you know it, do all three...  

Read:
Wolf! Wolf! by John Rocco
Wolf's Chicken Stew by Keiko Kasza



Action Song: 10 Little Gray Wolves
1 little, 2 little, 3 little gray wolves...
4 little, 5 little, 6 little gray wolves...
7 little, 8 little, 9 little gray wolves...
10 little gray wolves rolling in the snow
(Repeat - running through the woods... howling at the moon)

Flannelboard: The Three Little Pigs

Read:
The Dog Who Cried Wolf by Keiko Kasza
Footprints in the Snow by Mei Matsuoka














Dance: "Mister Moon" from CD, Where is Thumbkin?

Craft: Wolf Howling in the Night Sky



Supplies Needed:
blue construction paper
white construction paper (pre-cut moons)
brown construction paper (pre-cut howling wolves)
gluesticks 
chalk

The kids had a blast glueing on their wolves and moons, but I think they had the most fun drawing their stars in the night sky with the chalk!!

No comments:

Post a Comment