Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Anxiously Awaiting...Yesterday!


Yesterday
by C.K. Kelly Martin

Publication date: Sept. 2012

THEN: The formation of the UNA, the high threat of eco-terrorism, the mammoth rates of unemployment and subsequent escape into a world of virtual reality are things any student can read about in their 21st century textbooks and part of the normal background noise to Freya Kallas's life. Until that world starts to crumble.

NOW: It's 1985. Freya Kallas has just moved across the world and into a new life. On the outside, she fits in at her new high school, but Freya feels nothing but removed. Her mother blames it on the grief over her father's death, but how does that explain the headaches and why do her memories feel so foggy? When Freya lays eyes on Garren Lowe, she can't get him out of her head. She's sure that she knows him, despite his insistence that they've never met. As Freya follows her instincts and pushes towards hidden truths, the two of them unveil a strange and dangerous world where their days may be numbered. Unsure who to trust, Freya and Garren go on the run from powerful forces determined to tear them apart and keep them from discovering the truth about their shared pasts (and futures), her visions, and the time and place they really came from.

Doesn't this dystopian time travel sound creepy?!  Love the concept! I'll definitely be keeping my eye out for this one in the fall... :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to this one, too! I actually found your blog through Reclusive Bibliophile's "If You Like..." feature the other day for The Giver. I saw that you suggested The Girl Who Owned a City and I knew I had to come check out your blog! I LOVED that book as a kid. Did you know there's going to be a graphic novel? It's supposed to come out on April 1st! I'm so excited for it. Anyway, I'm a new follower and I'm looking forward to reading more from you!

    Andrea (The Overstuffed Bookcase)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Andrea! That's for stopping by. :)
    I had NO idea that they were coming out with a graphic version of The Girl Who Owned a City...it's one of my friends *favorite* books from her childhood, so I'll definitely have to pass this on to her, too!!

    ReplyDelete