Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A Beautiful Evil

A Beautiful Evil
by Kelly Keaton
Gods and Monsters, book two

After the epic graveyard battle at the end of Darkness Becomes Her, Ari and her friends know what they’re up against: Ari is facing the Medusa curse and is haunted by the image of what she will become. To make matters worse, the heinous goddess Athena has kidnapped young Violet and is threatening to destroy Ari.

Ari, along with the superhot Sebastian, is doing everything she can to learn more about Athena and to get Violet back. But the battle of good and evil is bigger than she realizes, and she’s about to be pulled into a world more horrific than she could ever imagine.... (description from Amazon.com)

Keaton has blown me away again with the second book in this series.  Thank goodness I remembered to start this on a weekend afternoon so that I had plenty of time to read, because I read it straight through! I know I would have been up all night again if I'd started this on a regular night... *facepalm*

I love the decaying side of New Orleans and its futuristic society found here. Everything is the most elegant mix of lushness and disrepair. Ari even travels to Mount Olympus and finds the same strange mix of revelry and ruin. Gorgeous in both imagery and the written word.

The stakes get even higher in this sequel. Ari must face what she will become...and her place in society. Her friends get pushed to the limits and some even have to pay the ultimate price.

Gripping. Phenomenal.  A definite GOLD STAR.



I'm really not sure how I'm going to be able to wait for the third book!!

No comments:

Post a Comment