Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Science Fiction Book Meme... FUN!


I found this meme on the SF Signal blog...just a fun little questionnaire.
I love to read SciFi, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I'm going to try to pick as many different titles as I can...we'll see how this goes, LOL.

Answer as many of the following as you can

My favorite alien invasion book or series is…Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. 

My favorite alternate history book or series is…Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld or God Save the Queen by Kate Locke.  

My favorite cyberpunk book or series is…(and I *think* this would qualify...) Epic by Conor Kostick. 

My favorite Dystopian book or series is…The Dust Lands Trilogy by Moira Young.  

My favorite Golden-Age sf book or series is…Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury.

My favorite hard sf book or series is… (*this is actually a sub-genre of science fiction that I don't prefer, so this was tough, but... the closest I can come up with is...) The Jenna Fox Chronicles by Mary E. Pearson.  

My favorite military sf book or series is…[I saw the movie Starship Troopers, does that count?]

My favorite near-future book or series is…The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins. 

My favorite post-apocalyptic book or series is…The Last Survivors series by Susan Beth Pfeffer. 

My favorite robot/android book or series is…(this is as close as I could get...) The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. MARVIN is pretty much my favorite robot ever... 

My favorite space opera book or series is…(*I* think this book qualifies as a juvie version...) Circus Galacticus by Deva Fagan. 

My favorite steampunk book or series is…The Parasol Protectorate series by Gail Carriger. 

My favorite superhero book or series is…The Jack Blank Adventures by Matt Myklusch. 

My favorite time travel book or series is…The Hourglass Trilogy by Myra McEntire. 

My favorite young adult sf book or series is... The Killer Unicorns series by Diana Peterfreund. 

My favorite zombie book or series is…The Benny Imura series by Jonathan Maberry or The Forest of Hands and Teeth Trilogy by Carrie Ryan.

The 3 books at the top of my sf/f/h to-be-read pile are
Curtsies and Conspiracies by Gail Carriger (The Finishing School, book two) 
Infinityglass by Myra McEntire (Hourglass, book three) 
Rebel Heart by Moira Young (Dust Lands, book two) 

So, what are YOUR favorite SciFi novels?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment