Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

This is W.A.R.

First off, I have to apologize to everyone.  Not only are we at our busiest at work right now with summer reading, so my blogging has slowed down a little due to that, but now I'm fighting off a super-stellar chest cold, so this review that I promised you on Saturday is now a few days late. So sorry guys!

















This is W.A.R. 
by Lisa and Laura Roecker

This is not a story of forgiveness...

The mystery of their best friend's murder drives four girls to destroy the Gregory family.

Everyone at Hawthorne Lake Country Club saw Willa Ames-Rowan climb into a boat with James Gregory, the Club’s heir apparent.

And everyone at Hawthorne Lake Country Club watched him return. Alone.

They all know he killed her. But none of them will say a word. The Gregory family is very, very good at making problems go away.

Enter the W.A.R.—the war to avenge Willa Ames-Rowan. Four girls. Four very different motives for justice and revenge, and only one rule: destroy the Gregory family at any cost. (Description from Amazon.com)

If you are looking for a great book to read at the beach this summer, look no further! The Roecker sisters have knocked it out of the park again. This book reads just like an episode of a good television soap opera. Upon the "accidental death" of their club's princess, four girls band together to bring down the boy who killed her.  Delicious secrets get revealed in every chapter.  Loyalties become questioned.  Bonds are formed. 

Lives are destroyed.  

This book tackles some serious issues, but in a fun way that kept me turning the pages as quickly as I could. I was pretty sure I knew what was going on (and I was mostly right :P), but there were red herrings thrown into the mix around every corner.  Moments that made me question my suspicions...  

Like Pretty Little Liars, no character in this novel is without flaws, and most of them have been keeping some kind of big secret. Nothing makes for juicier beach reading than those "Shut the Front Door!" revelation moments.  Trust me.  If you like danger, mystery, gossip, and intrigue, you'll want to check this one out! 

Full disclosure: eARC received from Edelweiss, eBook purchased for my Nook 

1 comment: