Pages

Sunday, December 22, 2013

A Year of Pie Adventures Ahead

So, With the holidays upon us,  my mind has of course turned to sweets. As I was reading Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl last week,  I was intrigued by the multitude of different pies that the Southern characters baked throughout the book. Inspiration struck and I have decided to launch a new hobby in the coming year...

I am going to embark upon a pie exploration!  I told my husband that I am going to bake a different pie about one every other week (a declaration to which his response was rather enthusiastic,  lol). So, tonight I tried my first new recipe.  One for a sour cream and raisin pie.  Something I had never heard of before!

The result:
A pie that turned out to be way more flavorful than I'd expected!  Not too sweet,  but rather spicy like a pumpkin pie... full of nutmeg and raisin-y goodness. So different than most pies I've ever had!

Now I just have to decide what recipe to try next!  Fun. If you have any suggestions let me know! I'm up for almost anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment