Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Mini Blogging Confessional... and a mini review of The Offering







So, today I have a different kind of post for you.  A mini blogging confessional.

Sometimes I read books so quickly in such a short period of time that if I do not immediately blog about them I can completely forget what I would have said about them.  For instance, I finished the last book in Kimberly Derting's The Pledge trilogy on April 13th.  I marked a note to myself that I wanted to give it a gold star review.  I remember loving the way the series ended.  Can I remember anything else now that I want to go back and blog about it? No. *facepalm*

I still want to highlight the book anyway and I don't have time to go back and reread it to review it...SOOOO... here's the description:

The Offering
by Kimberly Derting
The Pledge, book three

Charlie, otherwise known as Queen Charlaina of Ludania, has become comfortable as a leader and a ruler. She’s done admirable work to restore Ludania’s broken communications systems with other Queendoms, and she’s mastered the art of ignoring Sabara, the evil former queen whose Essence is alive within Charlie. Or so she thinks.

When the negotiation of a peace agreement with the Queendom of Astonia goes awry, Charlie receives a brutal message that threatens Ludania, and it seems her only option is to sacrifice herself in exchange for Ludanian freedom.

But things aren’t always as they seem. Charlie is walking into a trap—one set by Sabara, who is determined to reclaim the Queendoms at any cost. (Description from Goodreads.com

Know that I did LOVE it when I read it. Unfortunately, I just can't tell you why!  I do remember little bits...I still thought that Charlie was a great character and that Sabara and her lover were some creepy-@ss baddies.  I really though that Charlie was smart when she finally manages to escape Sabara's evil plans... and that's about it.  I hope that's enough for you! 

What does this teach me?  The few times this happens, I remind myself to blog about books in a shorter timeframe after I've read them.  I also need to start making some more distinct notes for myself, especially if I want to give a book a gold star review so that I can REMEMBER every little thing I wanted to say.  

And now, I'm off to go make some notes before posting my next review... hangs head in embarrassment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment