Pages

Monday, September 1, 2014

Taste of Darkness

Taste of Darkness
By Maria V. Snyder
Healer trilogy, book three

She's fought death and won. But how can she fight her fears?

Avry knows hardship and trouble. She fought the plague and survived. She took on King Tohon and defeated him. But now her heart-mate, Kerrick, is missing, and Avry fears he's gone forever.

But there's a more immediate threat: The Skeleton King plots to claim the Fifteen Realms for his own. With armies in disarray and the dead not staying down, Avry's healing powers are needed now more than ever.

Torn between love and loyalty, Avry must choose her path carefully. For the future of her world depends on her decision.
(Description from Goodreads.com

I love Maria Snyder's books. She writes such an interesting world - fantastic in the types of magic within it but so believably realistic, too.  I always feel as if I could drop right into the world and actually feel the grass beneath my feet...probably before I'd be running for my life for one reason or another, LOL. The scenery seems to just come to life off the page.  

Her characters are also so multifaceted and entertaining. Not only do the main characters, like Avry and Kerrick, seem to dance so smoothly through my imagination, but she manages to create these fabulous secondary characters that I cannot help but love. I gobble up every scene that Belen, Odd, and Flea make appearances in! It was the same in her Study series! 

No matter what she writes, I will read Snyder's books.  I will say that right now I'm DYING to read the next book in the Study series - Shadow Study. It was sort of a surprise that she went back to those characters, but one that I, at least, am SOOOOO grateful for...Valek! *swoons*

Full disclosure: eARC received from Netgalley, ebook purchased for my Nook 

No comments:

Post a Comment